Top 10 Pet Waste Disposal System Reviews : In/Above Ground
With at least one dog in every household across the globe, the dog is really a man’s best friend. Taking care of them is not a hard task as they pretty much do whatever human ask them to do. However, one of the challenges that an owner faces is the proper pet waste disposal system.
It is not enough that you show love to your pet, but you also need to take into consideration nature. Improper disposal of dog’s waste can be very hazardous to humans and the surroundings. That is why it is part of your duty to find an environmental-friendly pet waste disposal.
Facts to Consider to Consider Before Buying Pet Waste Disposal System
Dog waste has become a major source of bacterial pollution in urban stormwater. A standard-sized dog can generate over 500 pounds a year, making 1000 bags a year into the landfill. Knowing that these plastic bags takes 10 to 10,000 years to decompose, finding an alternative solution through pet waste disposal system is a must.
Here are the things you need to consider to know which pet waste disposal system is right for you:
- Test the soil first to see if it’s a clay soil as it can prevent the system working.
- Dig a hole, about 14 inches deep, and pour five gallons of water. If it drains within two days, then drainage will work just fine.
- Digesters are dependent in warm areas or in the warm season. The higher the temperature, the more effective it can be.
- If you feed your dog with high-protein or rich premium foods, you need to have a special digester to liquify your dog’s stool.
- Water with chlorine lessens the effects of digesters. It is advisable to leave the water in direct sunlight for two days to remove the chlorine.
Top 5 In Ground Dog Waste Disposal System
Cleaning your dog’s poop is never a fun thing to do, and that always ends up in a messy situation. Thanks to Pet Waste Disposal System, no more digging holes or bagging dog waste which causes terrible smell and germs. It also saves Mother Earth from a landfill full of trash bags that take a hundred years to decompose.
Here is the best dog poop disposal system in 2019:
#1 Doggie Dooley Large Pyramid
This system is designed in the resemblance of the Egyptian Pyramids. It works great in the environment as it is made of industrial plastic that will not dispose of when placed in the ground. Doggie Dooley Large Pyramid is compatible with most soil conditions and perfect for controlling your dog waste odor.
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 16.5 x 18 inches
- Foot-operated lid opener
- Ideal for 2 large or 4 smaller dogs
#2 Doggie Dooley 3000 In Ground Pet Waste Disposal System
Doggie Dooley 3000 is rated number one based in customers’ reviews. It is made from galvanized steel to avoid rusting, bending, and buckling under pressure. Doggie Dooley 3000 is a septic style waste tank that has a foot pedal to open the lid.
- Dimensions: 17 x 17 x 15 inches
- Ideal for 2 large or 4 smaller dogs
- Galvanized steel tank
- Foot pedal operating lid
#3 Doggie Dooley Pyramid
This is a low-cost version of the pyramid dog toilet. It is made of plastic with a foot pedal attached to it for an easy-to-open lid. Doggie Dooley Pyramid is a proud American product that includes a free starter supply of digester.
- Dimensions: 18.2 x 18.2 x 24.2 inches
- Up to 2 large dogs or 4 small dogs
- Digester starter supply is included
- Foot lid opener
#4 Doggie Dooley Standard Pyramid
Standard Pyramid disposal system is an environmentally-safe product that breaks down the dog’s poop without harming the beddings or plants. It works excellently in most soil except clay. Doggie Dooley Standard Pyramid is made of plastic that can keep 1 to 2 dog waste in a single scoop.
- Dimensions: 18.8 x 2.9 x 16.5 inches
- For one large dog or two small dogs
- Foot lid opener
- Made in USA
#5 Doggie Doo Drain Sewer Line Attachment
This in-ground pet waste disposal system is easy to install yet do its job well. It only takes few minutes to install, just connect it to your sewer line and it will automatically flush your dog waste through sewer pipes. Doggie Doo Drain Sewer Line Attachment is a practical and affordable product that can accept 3 to 4 inches sewer.
- Weight: 2.01 pounds
- Easy to use and install
- Up to 2 dogs
Top 5 Above Ground Pet Waste Disposal
I must say that the below products can’t be used for composting. The solely of these products is to help to supply and arrange pet waste separately from your trash can. Of course, it’s up to you to decide are you going to make compost, trash it, or to flush it.
#1 Petmate Clean Response
This above ground pet waste disposal system is designed with a big swivel bin & rake durable plastic pooper scooper which makes cleaning dog’s poop easier and effective. It has a 3 feet long rake for optimal pickup on surfaces, especially on grass. Petmate Clean Response is one of the top sellers that is affordable, easy to use, and offers great benefits for your health.
- Adjustable reach
- Grocery bag compatible
- Easy to storage
#2 Lucky Champ Litter Champ Above Ground Pet Waste Disposal System
This Waste system is integrated with a foot pedal to make a touch-free disposing operation. It is sealed with triple locking odors that will keep the germs away from kids and pets. The Lucky Champ Litter Champ is created with an elegant design to fit any modern décor perfectly.
- Elegant ABS resin design
- 4-gallon capacity
- 5-year warranty
- Includes free bag liner
3# Litter Genie Plus
Litter Genie Plus is made with antibacterial inhabitants with layers of refill bags for protection. It is a small bin that can fit under the sink or in any small places. The Litter Genie Plus is easy to use, hassle-free, and lock bad smells in.
- Easy to use
- Added antimicrobial inhibits odors
- Fits anywhere
#4 Neater Pet Brands
Neater Pet Brands system is very safe and easy to use with an automatic trap door that opens and closes when depositing waste. It has a scooper that does not need to take out the whole box, just sift, lift, and toss the trash bag. Neater Pet Brands includes Neater Scooper and refill bags bulk pack.
- It is very easy to scoop the waste
- Includes 180 count bulk refill bags
- Made in the USA
PetWasteCo is a perfect dog poop container outdoor for your pets who want to poop in public places. It is super easy to use, just tear off one bag and you are good to go, and easy to install that can be mounted on a pole. The Pet Waste Bag Dispenser is made of aluminium to avoid cracking, fading, or rusting in changing weathers.
- 100% Aluminum
- Dispenses 600 bags
- One-handed tear off
Pet Waste Disposal System – How it Works?
With unexpected catastrophes that the world is facing today, people are more concerned with the environment. Pet waste is one of the issues around the world as it will not only affect the environment but most especially your loved one’s health. There are specific laws created regarding pet waste to avoid jeopardizing your dog from any diseases.
One of the methods that are gaining its popularity due to its benefits is the in-ground dog waste disposal system. Although there are several models in the market, they all have the same principle. To give you some idea of how it works, here are the steps:
- Dig a hole in a convenient area which you will place the in-ground dog poop container.
- Put the in-ground pet waste disposal system and cover slightly above the ground.
- Once your dog poop, scoop it up and place it on the in-ground pet waste container.
- Then add a stool digester, mix with water, and let it liquefies the stool until it drains in the soil.
On the other hand, there is also a pet waste disposal system known as above ground pet waste disposal. Unlike in-ground which need to dig a hole, this is an easy way to scoop and dispose of your dog’s poop.
How To Properly Dispose Pet Waste?
Managing your pet’s waste is part of the responsibility of any dog owner. Unlike cows and horses that are herbivores, dogs are carnivores, which make their poop unsuitable as a soil fertilizer. You have to pick up what your dog leaves behind and dispose of them properly.
There are three methods to properly dispose of your dog’s waste, here are as follows:
- Scoop & Trash: Using trash bags to put your dog after you scoop them is better than leaving them in a yard and let bacteria to occur. However, most of these bags are made of plastic and made of nasty petrochemicals. Even some biodegradables have a mixture of plastics that are very harmful to the environment.
You can try to look and use a plastic-free bag or any type of paper to pick up your dog’s poop. Also, reusable or recyclable things such as cereal boxes can be used as trash bags alternatives. Be resourceful as much as possible because trash bags also cost money that can add up to your expenses.
- Scoop & Bury: Another option is to use a mini dog septic tank like installing dog waste digester. This is a good solution but not for everyone, especially for those pet owners who have small lots or lives in an apartment. Even if most cities offer a compostable waste bin, pet waste is usually banned from the containers.
For owners who want to use dog septic system, you need to consider placing it away from residence and garden. The soil must be a good draining type for the waste to soak into the ground and deep enough to whiff off unpleasant odors and break down naturally. Investing in a dog waste digester is a good eco-friendly solution under the right conditions.
- Scoop & Flush: Flushing your dog’s waste is the best method according to the government agencies. There are flushable waste bag products that are made of Polyvinyl Alcohol which said to dissolves in water just like toilet papers. But in reality, these flushable bags are not stated to be compostable and may not work well.
A lot of direct sewer connection flushing kits are available in the market. You can buy one and have it installed by a plumber or handyman. It is an excellent solution so you can avoid bringing the dog waste inside and disposing it into the toilet.
Pet Waste Effect on Humans
How many times have you seen or stepped on a dog’s poop? Not only that it is disgusting and irritating, but unattended pet waste can be a source of bacteria and parasites. Roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms, Salmonella, Giardia, and Escherichia coli are some of the microorganism that can survive in dog’s waste.
If those waste are left undisposed, people and pets are at risk of serious infections. Your pets can be tracking the waste into your home that may lead to your loved one’s exposure to different danger. So for safety, make sure to wash your hands always after you have contact with any animals or better, have a dog waste disposal system.
Pet Waste Effect on Environment
Many thought that composting their pet’s waste actually helps Mother Earth as it will act as an excellent fertilizer. But little they know that leaving the trash on the lawn can end in killing the grass. Also, it can have a disturbing effect on the environment that can cause a threat to human and other animals.
According to the Environment Protection Agency, dog waste can contribute enough bacteria, nitrogen, and phosphorus to affect the marine ecosystem. It is considered as a nonpoint source pollutant which can spread parasites to the aquatic life and plants. A dog waste system can avoid having these can deposit into the underground drinking water that can harm people and make them sick.
Cleaning your pet waste can be time-consuming. Making sure that your house is clean from any unwanted bacteria will be very beneficial to your family and pets. To make it more convenient, you can install a pet waste disposal system for the quickest, easiest, and more environmentally safe of getting rid of dog waste.