10 Best Low Profile Garbage Disposal Units : Guide & Reviews
A low profile garbage disposal is an undermount device unit for disposal of kitchen waste. You don’t need to allocate a lot of space to install the disposal unit. Keep in mind that even though this disposal unit is comparatively smaller in its dimension, it does not mean that the unit will underperform for you.
As a matter of fact, there are some leading brands in the market like Moen, Waste King Legend and InSinkErator which has built some of the highest quality units of garbage disposal which can perform just as efficiently when grinding up some of the toughest food waste which are usually expected only from those of the higher end garbage disposal units.
If you love cooking in the kitchen but do not like cleaning up the leftovers after dinner that have been dumped in the trash kitchen, then you will definitely deserve a compact garbage disposal for deep sink which is quite small, and you can easily install it right under your kitchen sink. This powerful little machine will help you do that extra mile in keeping your environment clean.
WHEN DO I NEED A LOW PROFILE GARBAGE DISPOSAL?
If you have a limited kitchen space at home, especially in the apartments where the sink space is ridiculously small, your target should be to keep your cooking area as spacious as possible. Planning to purchase a garbage disposal which is massive in size will only lead to more cluttering and additional shifting of the drain pipes underneath the sink. Opting for a small garbage disposal will help you to manage your kitchen space efficiently without having to compromise on the space.
TOP 10 Low Profile Garbage Disposals in 2018:
WASTE KING L 8000
- High Speed 2800 R.P.M.
- 36-Inch Power Cord is Included
- Removable Splash Guard
- Rust Free Grinding Components
- Longest warranties in the industry demonstrates commitment to quality.Sink Flange: Stainless Steel 7 Celcon
The Waste King L 8000 is a continuous garbage disposal, and it is currently rated as one of the most reliable units in the product collection belonging to the brand Waste King Legend. This low profile garbage disposal is a solid built, and it is very powerful, highly affordable and quite easy to install at home.
The 1 HP makes for highly powerful grinding service. It uses the EZ mounting unit which is highly popular for its quick and easy system of mounting. It has a quiet operation with the sound dampening shell which is a kind of insulated foam. It is equipped with a magnet motor which is currently very popular for its energy efficiency.
- 1 HP motor is efficient and powerful
- Operation does not jam
- Made of rust proof materials
- Insulated sound for less noise
- Dishwasher and septic tank friendly
- Splash guard is removable
- Putting waste inside unit is awkward with splash guard
- When it is first turned on it makes clunking noise
- Some people find it tricky to install
INSINKERATOR EVOLUTION 3/4 HP COMPACT GARBAGE DISPOSAL
- SoundSeal Technology which delivers quieter performance versus a standard disposer
- MultiGrind Technology:GrindShear Ring
- 34.6 oz. Stainless steel grind chamber and grind components for longevity
- 3/4 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor; power cord not included
- We Come To You 4-Year In-Home Limited Warranty
The InSinkerator Evolution compact garbage disposal with its 3/4 HP motor power is the perfect solution for you if you have a small kitchen sink space a home. It is a product of the Evolution series and the manufacturers claim that the unit has the potential to grind a wide variety of food types without making much noise.
- Attractive looking and is a great addition to a modern kitchen
- 3/4 HP motor is quiet compared to 1/2 HP unit because motor offers extra sound dampening and horsepower features
- Highly durable unit with non corrosive stainless steel parts
- Environment friendly unit as it reduces the emission of carbon and greenhouse gases
- Simply run water to make the unit even more quieter
- MultiGrind Technology with two grind stages
- MADE IN USA
- The rubber adapter in the outlet drain needs to be a little thicker for higher durability
- Unit does not offer a power cord. Customers will need to purchase it separately if you do not prefer to directly wire the disposer
- Water drains quite slowly because of the unique design of anti vibration in the sink baffle
- This unit does not come with an access to fix jams or tools to loosen any jams whenever the situation arises
- It makes the sink vibrate a little bit when the device is operating and grinding
WASTE KING A1SPC KNIGHT GARBAGE DISPOSAL 1.0 HP EXCLUSIVE SILENCER TECHNOLOGY
- Exclusive Silencer Technology, same material used to sound-proof music studios
- New Snap and Lock Mount easily replaces most existing disposers
- 2700 RPM Motor smashes through toughest waste with ease
- No multi-stage chambers needed, Motor powers through waste in one pulverizing pass
If you are looking for something “bullet proof” than you will definitely love this steel clad Waste King A1SPC Knight Garbage Disposal unit with its 1.0 Horse Power motor. As if this is not enough, it even comes with an exclusive silencer technology which will all grinding operations noiseless.
This garbage disposal for deep sink is quite a buy with its generous sizing. This reliable unit will spin at about 2700 (rpm) revs per minute. In other words, all food you put in it will be mashed up in a matter of a few seconds! It is so powerful that just one grinding pass is more than enough.
- Efficient and powerful 1 horse power motor
- Quick one pass for grinding pulverizes
- Very quiet when in operation because of silencer technology
- Lock and snap mounting system for very easy installation
- Lifetime warranty offered on home repairs and material and mechanical parts
- Comes at a high price tag
- Rubber made food guard that is located around sink hole not removable
- Unit is sometimes quite difficult for cleaning
INSINKERATOR EVOLUTION EXCEL GARBAGE DISPOSAL 1.0 HP
- SoundSeal Technology which delivers ultra-quiet performance versus a standard disposer
- MultiGrind Technology , with three grind stages to quickly grind virtually any food waste
- 40 oz. Stainless steel grind chamber and grind components for longevity
- 1 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor; power cord not included
- We Come To You 7-Year In-Home Limited Warranty
The InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP low profile garbage disposal is the right pick for those of you who want only the best for them. It is the “Mercedes Benz” of garbage disposal units in the market right now.
- Very easy to install with the quick lock mount sink. It has universal mounting brackets and can also use existing mounting bracket
- Hears almost nothing with the sound seal technology which offers ultra quiet operation
- Multi grind technology offer three stage grind system to grind almost any kind of food without jamming the system
- Looks great with an elegant touch due to the stainless steel finish
- Dura Drive 1 HP induction motor. Power cord is not necessary. Offers smooth and fast grinding operation
- Longer durability of usage with stainless steel chamber and components
- Price is not for the budget friendly since this is a high end product of InSinkErator Evolution
- Massive size and hence might not be ideal for smaller kitchen sinks
- The drainage is quite slow which causes the water to get back up into the sink as a result of the tiny opening at the Quiet Collar Baffle Sink
INSINKERATOR EVOLUTION XTR ESSENTIAL 3/4 HP GARBAGE DISPOSAL
- Includes sink top switch accessory with Satin Nickel button and power cord for easy disposer activation
- Sound seal technology which delivers quieter disposer operation versus a standard disposer
- Multigrind technology, with two-stages of grind food waste is finely ground reducing the chance of clogs and jams
- Horsepower dura-drive induction motor; 34.6 oz. Stainless Steel grind components for durability
- We come to you 6-year in-home limited warranty; proudly made in America
The InSinkErator Evolution XTR Essential 3/4 HP Garbage Disposal is the latest version of the older Essential model from the series Evolution. The XTR is the short form of extra accessories and this garbage disposal for deep sink is popular for its multiple features – something which you will not find in a lot of garbage disposal units. The anti vibration mount effectively reduces the level of vibration in the sink.
- Ultra quiet unit with the sound seal technology. Ideal if you want things quiet around the house
- 2 stage grinding operation which helps you reduce or eliminate clogs in the piping system at home
- Comes with power cord and SinkTop switch for ease of installation when it comes to air switch
- Easy and simple to install disposer with the help of mounting hardware
- Fast, efficient and powerful 3/4 HP dura drive motor induction to dispose off your food waste
- Better grinding performance and high durability with stainless steel components for grinding
- Water drainage is slow which is triggered by the baffle sink
WASTE KING 3/4 HP LEGEND SERIES L 3200
- COMPACT SIZE: Smaller and lighter ¾ HP design is 7-3/4 inches in diameter, 13-3/4 inches long and weighs 8.6 lbs
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 3/4 HP, 2700 RPM (115 volts) permanent magnet motor is sound-insulated and jams less
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation, removable splash guard for easy cleaning
- 8 YEAR PROTECTION: 8-year Limited In-Home Warranty
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required
The Waste King 3/4 HP Legend Series L 3200 compact garbage disposal has a continuous feed operation for efficient waste management at home. If you have a small kitchen sink space, you will love this one because it measures only 7 to 3/4 inches when it comes to the diameter. The length is 13 to 3/4 inches and weighs about 8.6 lbs. We love the 2700 RPM high speed motor which runs at a 115 volts and hardly ever jams even though it is small in size. Most of all, it is easy to clean!
- Fast and easy to install
- Great insulation for sound which is effective in keeping the noise level down when grinding the food
- This compact garbage disposal is one of the most affordable in the market right now
- Has a powerful and fast grinding operation system
- Comes with two great value product warranties
- Highly durable and can be used for many years due to the rust free operating components
- Some users are not happy with the level of noise control
INSINKERATOR 1.1 HP O1100XL PRO SERIES
- MultiGrind lets you quickly grind difficult food waste
- SoundSeal makes this disposer at least 40% quieter than standard disposers
- 40-ounce stainless steel grind chamber and grind components
- Includes sound-reducing Quiet Collar sink baffle
- Auto-Reverse Grind System
If you are on the lookout for a high end garbage disposal unit that performs excellently, than the InSinkErator O1100XL Pro Series with 1.1 HP is the perfect choice for you. It has a multi grind advanced technology with an additional 3 stage feature. These features combined with the sensor circuit is a perfect combination of top of the line performance. You can even increase the motor torque up to a massive 500 per cent with the help of the 1.1 Horse Power performing motor. The 40 ounce grind chamber enables you to finish your work in one go.
- Includes the latest dura drive electric induction motor
- Very quiet. Makes 40 per cent less noise compared to the conventional garbage waste disposals
- 3 speeds due to the multi grind feature
- Features auto reverse
- Sensor circuit to increase electric motor power up to a massive 500 per cent
- Very easy installation
- Quite heavy
- Comparatively more expensive as compared to the conventional garbage disposal models (but worth it)
- Need to purchase a separate power cord
INSINKERATOR CONTRACTOR CNTR333 3/4 HP 333
- Quick Lock mounting for fast, easy installation
- Stainless steel grind components
- Continuous feed
- Garbage disposal
- Three Year "We Come To You" In-Home Parts and Labor Warranty
InSinkErator Contractor CNTR333 3/4 HP 333 is a garbage disposal for deep sink with so many benefits. The performance level is one of the front runners in the market under this price range and is highly reliable when it comes to the quality. The company has offered an in-home warranty which is exclusive to this model.
The feed is continuous which means you can grind and dispose off your food waste without having to keep it inside of the unit which can be quite messy. You can just dispose the food waste as you cook for your family in the kitchen. The food can now go right into your kitchen sink and are liquefied instantly so it can flow immediately into the sewage and keep your drainage system clean.
- It is quite simple to install it. Can be done without the help of a professional installer
- Highly durable with the stainless steel components
- Enables continuous feed
- Comes with quick lock mounting
- In-home and labor warranty
- Its product warranty is only for a few months
MOEN GX GXS75C SERIES 3/4 HP
- Powerful disposal: 3/4 horsepower vortex) motor has powerful grinding capabilities to eliminate tough kitchen scraps
- In sink disposal: universal xpress mount(tm) fits Moen and most existing 3-bolt mounting assemblies, including insinkerator(r) brand*
- High speed: disposals with 2700 RPM vortex) permanent magnet motor designed to reduce jamming
- Easy to install: power cord preinstalled, saving installation steps and money over other models where cord must be purchased separately
- Quiet garbage disposer: sound shield(tm) designed to provide sound deadening insulation
If you are looking for a compact garbage disposal which is ideal for everyday use than the Moen GX GXS75C Series, 3/4 HP is the perfect choice for you. This unit has the capacity to produce about 2700 RPM power for grinding to dispose all your kitchen waste at home.
It uses the sound shield ™ technology for sound deadening purposes. It is ideal if you have infants at home because it will not create any noise whenever you use it. You can install this Moen GX GXS75C Series in just about any existing mounting 3 bolt assemblies because of the universal Xpress feature.
Many users have reviewed that this unit hardly ever jams when it is in full grind mode.
- Great material and design
- Ideal for heavy duty use
- Pre installed power cord
- Decent long term warranty
- Quite easy for installing the 3 bolt universal mounting system
- Splash guard is removable
- Size is compact
- Quite low noise level
- Allen wrench is not included to clean the jam
- Grinding chamber is made of galvanized steel
WASTE KING L 1001 LEGEND SERIES 1/2 HP
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1/2 HP, 2600 RPM (115v) permanent magnet motor jams less. Has dishwasher hookup
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation, removable splashguard for easy cleaning
- 2 YEAR PROTECTION: 2-year Limited In-Home Warranty
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Compact and lightweight garbage disposer saves space under the sink
If you are looking for a reliable but cheap low profile garbage disposal than the Waste King L 1001 Legend Series 1/2 HP is the right choice for you and your household. This unit may be on the affordable side of pricing but its performance is something to be reckoned with in the market right now.
It is for light to moderate waste disposal usage at home. It has a very slim body that is capable of easily fitting underneath narrow kitchen sink areas. The grind chamber is corrosion proof and has a long lifespan.
- Comes with the EZ install feature
- The power cord comes already attached to the product
- The splash guard is removable if you want to clean it
- Size is compact and can fit into small kitchen sink areas
- Features a continuous feed system
- Warranty period is limited only to 2 years
- Not as quiet as those of the garbage disposers that has sound seal
- Despite being a unit for continuous feed, it can only grind small portions of food waste
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF INSTALLING A GARBAGE DISPOSAL FOR DEEP SINK?
- For starters, your kitchen will look a lot cleaner and hence a lot more attractive. A lot of people are surprised with this, but the truth is that this compact unit is a much better and more hygienic alternative to your stinky food trash bin under the sink.
- This is a great investment especially for protecting the environment around you. Decomposed food produces greenhouse which is released into the atmosphere so using this would considerably reduce it.
- It will save you a lot of trips to the nearby garbage bin and a lot of arguments with your spouse about who will take out the trash to the bin.
- Using a compact garbage disposal will also cut down on the level of food wasted even to its smallest form and thereby decreasing the foul odor that emanates from the kitchen area.
- By using this unit, you are also helping to reduce the amount of waste that lands up in massive landfills.
FIND OUT YOUR SPACE REQUIREMENTS BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR COMPACT GARBAGE DISPOSAL
Before you go out there and purchase just about any low profile garbage disposal that you set your eyes on, you might want to read a reliable buying guide as a safety net before splurging all your money on a model that might turn out to be not as effective for your requirement.
First thing is for you to find out the available size of the space underneath your kitchen sink. In addition to this, consider the number of people in your household. Getting a detailed physical dimension of the space underneath the sink is of vital importance because the garbage disposal will be installed there.
You can refer to the manual in the product which will give you an idea of the exact measurement of the unit so you can compare it with your kitchen sink.
WHY IS HORSE POWER IMPORTANT?
Now you know why it is more beneficial for you to invest in a short garbage disposal for deep sink. But you should also get a clear idea on the significance of Horse Power and how much of it is more efficient for you.
1/3 HP GARBAGE DISPOSAL
The 1/3 HP motor is the least powerful and the cheapest you will find in the market right now. It may be weak, but it is still widely popular among a lot of buyers who are either living alone in apartments with one bedroom or for couples. It is also a great purchase for short term solutions. These motors are efficient enough to grind up softer foods like the vegetables but are not ideal for hard bones.
Be careful when you take use it because they usually have a tendency to get stuck if you happen to overload it when grinding the food. Since these models are the cheapest in the market, it also means that the components that have been used to make it are also cheap and hence have the tendency to rust easily after a short period of time.
1/2 HP GARBAGE DISPOSAL
If you have a household of just one or two people or perhaps three, then the standard garbage disposal would be exactly 1/2 horsepower. This thing has the potential to grind just about any kind of the food waste that is produced at home. Since you are a household of just few people, you will probably be living in a small apartment, and the compact size and affordability will also suit you a lot. The price varies a lot in the market depending on the type of model and even the brand, but you will normally get an impressive one for just under $ 90.
The best ones come in stainless steel components which makes it durable for many years to come. A majority of the most purchased short garbage disposal units fall under this category of power range.
3/4 AND 1 HP GARBAGE DISPOSAL
If you are a household of around 2 to 4 people than the 3/4 HP is ideal because it is strong enough even to tackle even the most fibrous items of food like those of the celery, asparagus, lettuce and potato peels. The disposals in these units are usually bigger as compared to the 1/2 and 1/3 HP. Even the size is comparatively bigger than the other two, and hence they are more expensive. It is widely popular for the noise suppression and multi stage grinding features.
This is highly powerful, and it is widely suitable for large households and even for commercial areas. It is great for homes with 3 to 6 people. They are large in size and costly, but there are also reliable models that you can easily find within the pricing range of the 2/3 Horse Power. Consumers love it because it operates quietly, has multi stage grinding and hardly ever jams. It also easily grinds hard foods like coffee grounds and tiny bones.
SMALLER IS SOMETIMES BETTER
The HP requirement in your disposal unit should actually be decided according to the size of your kitchen and household.
- 1/3 or 1/2 HP power is perfect if you are a household of just 1 – 2 persons.
- If there is around 3 – 4 of you at home, then opt for the model that has 1/2 – 3/4 HP.
- Anything beyond that would rather be a waste and will clutter up your kitchen.